The Map of Ukraine. Intellectuals’ lecture series on contemporary Ukraine
Concept: Victoria Amelina, Tetyana Teren
Project coordination, filming, editing, sound: Andrij Wachtel
Design: Myroslava Mokhnatska
Communication team: Iryna Rodina, Zakhar Davydenko, Oleksandra Kliosova
The Map of Ukraine is a series of video lectures conducted by Ukrainian intellectuals (writers, philosophers, scholars, journalists) about Ukraine’s different regions where they were born in, grew up, studied or resided in for a lengthy period of time. Each lecture presents historical events, iconic figures, customs, traditions of a Ukrainian region or city, showing its distinction and diversity along with unity and integrity. Personal stories and private geographies thus make up one map of our country. This video lecture series is designed to help better understand contemporary Ukraine, its ongoing processes, and therefore, contribute to overcoming stereotypes and foster understanding within the society.
- Alim Aliev (Crimea) – Deputy Director General of the Ukrainian Institute, civil activist
- Igor Kozlovskyy (Donetsk region) – scholar, writer, civil activist
- Diana Klochko (Kyiv) – art historian, exhibitions curator, writer
- Oleh Kotsarev (Харків) – writer, translator, journalist
- Anatoliy Dnistrovyi (Ternopil) – writer
- Ola Hnatiuk (Ukrainians in Poland) – researcher, professor of the NaUKMA and the University of Warsaw, Vice President of PEN Ukraine
- Andriy Lyubka (Uzhhorod) – writer
- Oles Ilchrenko (Kyiv) – writer
- Tamara Hundorova (Poltava regiom) – literary scholar, Doctor of Philology
- Olena Styazhkina (Donetsk and Luhansk regions) – writer, historian
We need your help to create projects and materials aimed to defend freedom of speech, popularize Ukrainian culture and values of independent journalism.
Your donation means support for discussions, awards, festivals, authors’ trips to regions and PEN book publications.