Gulnara was born in Melitopol. In 1994, she graduated from the Moscow State Historical Archives Institute. Gulnara is teacher of the Department of History of the Crimean Engineering Pedagogical University (Simferopol). She defended her PhD thesis on “The National Movement of the Crimean Tatar People for Returning to the Historical Homeland”. She is a Project Manager of “Tolerant Textbooks — Tolerant Society”.
The author and host of “Tarikh Levkhalary” (“Pages of History”) on the ATR channel (Simferopol). Editor-in-chief of the web project “Crimea and Crimean Tatars”.
She was a historical consultant for the film “Khaytarma”.
• Half a Century of Resistance: The Crimean Tatars from Exile to Return (1941—1991). Outline on political history. Kyiv: Krytyka, 2017.
• Mustafa Dzhemilev: “For decades the voice of the Crimean Tatars has not been heard…”: biographic materials, speeches, interviews. Kiev: Stylos, 2014
• Crimean Tatars. 1941—1991: (experience of political history). Simferopol: Tezys, 2008.
• The Crimean Tatar Problem in the USSR (1944-1991) (ed. G. Bekirova), Simferopol: Crimean Tatars Information and Documentation Centre, 2004.
• Crimea and the Crimean Tatars in the XIX—XX centuries: a collection of articles, 2005.
• The Role of Petro Grigorenko in the Crimean Tatar National Movement / Gulnara Bekirova. — [Simferopol]: [Ojak], . — 31 p.
• “We saw hell on the earth…” [Text]: on occasion of the 70th anniversary of the deportation of the Crimean Tatar people / compos., ed., introduct. essay — G. Bekirova. — Kyiv: Stylos, 2014. — 143 p.
Bekir Choban-Zade Prize (2009) for the book “Crimean Tatars. 1941—1991”.