Увага! Український ПЕН шукає програмного менеджера
Конкурс на посаду програмного менеджера PEN Ukraine продовжено до 13 травня.
Program Manager Job Offer
Competition extended by May 13, 2018
ABOUT PEN UKRAINE:
PEN Ukraine, launched in 1990, undertakes an array of activities to support literature and free expression.We champion the freedom to write, recognizing the power of the word to transform the world. Our mission is to unite writers and their allies to celebrate creative expression and defend the liberties that make it possible.
PEN Ukraine is a regional chapter of PEN International, organization that promotes literature and freedom of expression. Founded in 1921, PEN International’s global community of writers now spans more than 100 countries. PEN International is a non-political organization which holds Special Consultative Status at the UN and Associate Status at UNESCO.
The position of Program Manager has been established to support the expanding activities of PEN Ukraine. The Program Manager will work with and at the direction of the President and Board of Trustees to advance all aspects of PEN Ukraine’s strategy, including planning and implementation of activities, membership development, fund-raising, and outreach and communications.
The position (within a limited period of time) is funded through the generosity of the Open Society Foundation, in cooperation with PEN America.
- Providing the day-to-day management of PEN Ukraine and its organizational systems such as governance, financial management, and membership
- Planning and implementing PEN Ukraine activities: organizing literary awards, manage writers residency initiative, and others
- Engaging with prospective supporters, and developing proposals for funding; and serve as focal point for international partners
- Producing programmatic and financial reports for submission to donors and other funders
- Supporting activities in free expression advocacy, dialogue and debate, youth programming, celebration of literature, and other areas
- Preparing statements on free expression issues in Ukraine, writing press releases on literary events that PEN Ukraine organizes, and other writing assignments.
- Engaging with other civil society actors in Ukraine to expand partnerships and the impact of activities
- Performing other tasks as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to civil society development in Ukraine, with experience in free expression rights, literature, the media, or related fields preferred
- Previous practical experience at civil society organizations, including project management, administration, fundraising, and/or communications assignments
- Demonstrated ability to work pro-actively and collaboratively, and without supervision
- University degree in related field
- Working fluency (oral and written) in English
To apply please send a motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13, 2018. The finalists will be asked eventually to outline their vision of a sustainable development of PEN Ukraine, inasmuch as their own position and prospective income will depend on the success of the project.